Sunday, October 12, 2008

5am Trip to Philly to cover Barack Obama's Speech in Philadelphia

So Friday night we had our official Halloween Meet and Greet and Photography Shootout Challenge at Blue Hen Studios which finished up after mid-night. No biggie other than I was asked to go upto Philadelphia the next morning to cover the first of three Barack Obama speeches in Philadelphia.

With Redbull by my side I made it up in time to get my press badge and look for the best spot to shoot. Amazingly, though other photographers got their in advance of myself, no one got the angle and background that I did. This is a lesson to be learned for everyone that is looking to go into photojournalism....Anyone can push the big black button on top of the camera...It's also about observing your environment and making decisions in advance on where your best shots would potentially come from. Sometimes it isn't the most obvious spot.

This blog is about my passion for photography and is not an opinion or comment of my political views. I am not looking for feedback and comments dealing with political views. This is about photojournalism. I hope you enjoy...

(CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE A LARGER IMAGE)








No comments: